Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Surprise.....Its a girl!

So I went to the doctor today for my ultrasound to find out if the baby is doing well and what the sex is. I got a huge surprise. I was laying on the table talking to the ultrasound tech about my baby registry. I mentioned that I didn't have much on the registry because I believed this baby to be a boy and already had most of the 'boy' stuff. She says to me " you might want to expand your registry." I said " and why?" Shes says "because its a girl." I said "no way!" I couldn't believe it! She turned the screen toward me and showed me, sure enough its a girl. Now of course nothing is 100% but she said "I'm 99% sure that its a girl." After having 2 boys and ultrasounds with both, I can tell you this when I was looking at the screen I definitely did not see what the ultrasound tech would call a "turtle-head". Nothing poking out of the bottom area, so yes I'm sure shes accurate when she says its a girl.

I have no girl names picked out at this time. I have a few that I like but nothing that has stuck. Mike and I will have to sit down and talk about it. Maybe this time Ill be able to pick out the name since I didn't get to pick out either boy name. (I'm not bitter about that I told Mike to just pick a name and he did wonderfully I think) My first thought is "what am I to do with a girl?" I love my boys and I know I will love this little girl too. I love the idea of putting dresses on her and combing her hair. Its scary though. Girls can be so emotional and dramatic. Not that my boys cant be dramatic.

Michael is so happy. Hes been wanting a little girl and now he will have one. Had we had another boy we were considering adoption. It will be nice to have a little girl last because I am ready to be done having children. Michael and I had a long talk about whether or not we should have another baby after this one. We've decided to call it quits after this. We both agreed that given our age and where we are in our life we're ready to stop. But now hes got his little girl and things are complete.

On an even better note my sister called me today to tell me that she is also pregnant! Due in January, our kids will only be 4 months apart! Life is good and I have God to thank for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment