Sunday, November 13, 2011

Four Going on Fourteen



I should have written this on Friday but was distracted with a lot of other things. So here goes.


November 11, 2007 I gave birth to my middle child, Conor Kael. He was born at 6:33 a.m. I had arrived at the hospital at about 3 that morning. I had been having contractions since Friday and this was now an early Sunday morning. I again opted for no epidural. The contractions were really bad when I got there. Before I knew it it was time to start pushing and within a few pushes here he was. 


I was nervous when I first found out I was pregnant, as most women are. Michael and I had only been married for 5 months when I found out. But I was more nervous about how Jordan would react. I had gotten remarried and was now having another baby within a matter of months. I didn't want him to think I was trying to replace him. Jordan wanted a sister but when he found out he was having a brother he got more excited. They've been pretty close ever since he was born.


Conor Kael Morrison. Conor means "much wanted" and Kael means "mighty warrior". He definitely has the spirit to be a mighty warrior. Conor is so different from Jordan. Jordan is very laid back and quiet. Conor is high strung and loud. Its been a challenge, I wont lie. Ive had times when I thought "oh my gosh I just want to send him to boarding school." Of course I would never really do this but i do get frustrated with his arguing, fit throwing and screaming.


But on a better note hes funny and super smart. I truly believe his I.Q. will be so much higher than mine it wont even be funny. Hes scary smart sometimes. He says things that I think only an older child should be saying. Hes amazing. Hes articulate and literal. I am blessed to be his mom. I think he can only go up from here and I'm excited to see what he does with his life.


So Happy Birthday to my little guy, Conor Kael.

No comments:

Post a Comment