Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sometimes....Family Sucks!

Yes, I said it. Something I think we all think from time to time. Sometimes family sucks. I mean the extended family that you only see once a year or only at holidays. Sometimes we have family we don't want to be around but have no way of avoiding them. For the first time in my adult life I an taking the leap and cutting certain family member our lives.

A short recap as to why I would completely cut off family. About two months ago my grandpa passed away. My grandmother had already passed away about 2 1/2 years ago. Before she passed she talked about how she wanted us to have certain things and how she didn't want anyone fighting over stuff once they were gone. Well fast forward 2 1/2 years later to when my grandpa passes and that's exactly whats happened. There are things in the house my grandma said I could have. Things in the house that certain people want and then there is everything else. My grandparents had four girls. My mom is the youngest. All our lives for as long as I can remember we have been treated like the "white trash" of the family. This experience with my grandparents house has just reiterated it. Recently my mom asked for certain things and instead of just giving them to us the other sisters have gotten together and decided to hire an estate company to come in and price everything to hold an estate auction. Anything we wanted we would not have to buy. Its stupid. My grandparents had some nice furniture but most of it is just normal furniture. Not worth anything and most of it is more than 20 years old. I think they're just being vindictive. What makes it worse is that one of the sister professes to be this strong Christian, but her actions lately haven't been very Christlike.

My moms three sisters, their kids and some cousins are no longer welcome in my life. I will never allow my children to feel like they are less than anyone else. I do not want toxic people in my life. I have friends who treat me better than my family does sometimes. My grandmother would be rolling over in her grave if she knew how they'd been acting. Oh well. I always say what comes around goes around. They'll get it in the end.

1 comment:

  1. I hate my family too, the only difference is I hate my parents and my only brother. So pretty much I have no family.

    ReplyDelete