Monday, March 22, 2010

First Zoo Trip of the Year

So this year I decided that we should buy a season pass to the Tulsa Zoo. I received a postcard in the mail telling me that the family passes were going to be on sale for $54, but only for a limited time. So I looked at the calender and decided that I would take the kids on Friday March 19th. A friend of mine contacted me a few days before and asked me if I wanted to go with her and her boys. I said yes assuming I would feel like it. I made up my mind Thursday that I would make myself feel like it. 

We arrived at the Zoo at 10 a.m. and already the parking lots were filling up. I managed to get a really good spot and got the kids out and went up to the front. While I was waiting for my friend to arrive I got in line to buy the season pass.  It wasn't to long but it took about 30 min to get through. My friend arrived shortly behind me and got her pass and off we went.



The park was pretty full. It finally dawned on me that it was the last day of spring break and the last day before a "snow storm" was supposed to hit and that's why it was so full. We walked around and ate lunch and hit the gift shop. By the time we got ready to leave the park was so full you'd think it might bust. The little line I had been in to buy my pass was now about a 1/2 mile long and the line to get into the park was even longer. People were parked everywhere. Every space was taken and people had started parking on the grass even up to the main entrance. It was nuts. Getting out took about 10 min., not to bad.

I love the Zoo. I never get bored there. I like to go during the week when school is in so that the park isn't very full and I can really enjoy every animal. That's why I bought the pass so that I can take the kids over the summer and into next school year. I cant wait. I have so many things I want to do with the kids over the summer and into next school year. I ordered several brochures from the Oklahoma Tourism website and I have lots of ideas on where we can go and what we can do. Ill be posting a tentative schedule as soon as I receive the brochures. Even though I'm pregnant I cant spend the entire summer cooped up in the house, I'm ready to get out and get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment