Saturday, April 24, 2010

Love at first sight or lust at first sight?

Love at first sight? Does it exist or is it more lust at first sight? For me I wouldn't say that it was necessarily love at first sight but I definitely felt something. I met Michael at Carbondale Baptist Church. I still remember what he was wearing the first time I saw him. A plaid polo shirt and jeans. He looked so good in those jeans. He still looks good in jeans. From the moment I saw him I felt like he had some sort of hold on me. Something I still cant explain. I remember meeting his mother. She was a big figure in the church. I remember something she said to me that at the time I thought "yeah okay", she said to me " someday you'll marry my son".

I'm thinking of this because well my mother seems very much in love with someone shes only known about a month. There are those out there who don't think that this is possible but I believe its possible. I believe it because Ive felt it. Michael is my soul mate. We just clicked. Even though it took us 10 years to finally get together it was well worth the wait. Ive been in love with Michael since I was 16. Fourteen years now. We've had ups and downs, been off and on for what seemed like forever and yet here we are. We've been married for four years now and things are good. We are in a transition: living with his dad, trying to get Mike back in to school and of course the baby that's on the way. I think this will be a good year for us though.

It pretty much comes down to what do you feel? I have felt for years now that Michael and I were meant to be together. We have something that I cant explain. I'm sure others have this. I'm glad my mother has found it as well. For the first time in as long as I can remember my mother is happy. Really happy, not just faking it happy. Ive also done the faking it happy and its no way to live a life. So love or lust at first sight? I guess both can find you what you want. Love, aint it grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment