Friday, April 16, 2010

My Mother, Dating?!

My parents separated about 2 years ago. As most of you know this was a very nasty divorce and a time I don't want to relive. I knew in the back of my mind that my parents hadn't been happy for a long time. Divorce never entered into the equation. I'm glad it did though. It gave my mom the chance to find herself and be happy, really happy, I think for the first time ever. Or at least as long as I can remember.

Shes been seeing a guy. I haven't met him yet but from what I can tell hes making her very happy. You never really think about your parents dating or doing anything else for that matter. My mom hasn't been out of her "comfort" zone ever as far as I knew. But shes been venturing out a little bit more here and there. From what she describes he seems very nice, stable and may turn into something long-term. But I'm not going to jump ahead to much. I don't think shes quite ready for us to meet him, for some reason she thinks we wont approve. I think as long as hes good to her, honest, and they have a good time together, I already approve.

I have been very blessed in who I am married to. Hes very good to me. Sometimes I think I don't deserve him. When my parents divorced I had a hope that my mom would find someone like Mike. Good, honest, God-loving and someone to grow old with. Maybe just maybe this will be the one that will be just what shes looking for.

Hopefully soon Ill get to meet him. If hes going to be a central figure in my mothers life Id like to at least meet the guy. Shes like what I and Mike were like when we first got together. We couldn't get enough of each company, still cant for that matter and we'll be married 4 years this year. Like teenagers. I wish her all the best, she deserves it after what my dad put her through.

Heres to you Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment