Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Down but Not Out

I awoke this morning tired as usual but determined to get going. I have been trying my darnedest to walk every morning and sometimes it seems like mother nature is against me. On Monday we had winds at 25 MPH so I was only able to walk a mile. Had I been by myself and not been pushing about 50 lbs I would have kept going. On Tuesday the weather was so nice I decided we should hit the zoo instead. So we loaded up and off we went. It went well and although I wasn't walking to work out I still got a decent walk in. Today I get up only to discover Aunt Flo has come to visit so Ill have a few days where all I want to do is sit. But I decided it wasn't going to hold me back from getting the kids out. I have a calender where I have almost every day filled with some sort of activity. We don't always do what's on the calender sometimes we just stay home.

Todays activity was the dollar movie. They were showing Megamind which we'd already seen but I though it would be nice to see it again, after all its pretty cute. It started at 10 a.m. so we got there around 9:40. Im glad we did the place was packed. There were probably about 75 people jumbled outside and as we got out of the car I saw a daycare van pull up. So we got our tickets after much debate on whether or not to go in or not and the line at the concessions was already filling up. I took the kids to the theater and got seats then went back to concessions to get drinks. The line was pretty long and as I got closer I could see why. There was a woman at the counter who had ordered a lot of kids meals and she had probably 25 or so envelopes with money. I could hear her arguing with the cashier about some coupon she had. It took 10 minutes for this to end and I don't know how long shed been standing there before I arrived on the scene. Meanwhile another woman "cut" me and the woman in front of us and went to the other register and ordered about 15 kids meals. All in all it took me 15 minutes to get 3 drinks. I made it back to the seats and almost immediately Emma got fussy. I had initially wanted to sit in the very back in case she got fussy so I could stand but Jordan wanted to sit closer so I conceded. I had to get up and take Emma out. After the first time I decided forget it lets just go. I told Jordan from now on we either sit in the very back or we don't go. Anyway so we decided to go to Vintage Stock instead and I hit a thrift store before coming home.

Although I love being able to get out of the house whenever I want never having to wait on someone to take me sometimes people make my little trips difficult. I think the movie thing should have been better equipped to deal with someone who doesn't seem to care that she's holding up everyone else to save a few pennies. All in all it was a pretty good day. Im looking forward to more adventures as the summer progresses.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, friend! Yes, the movie theater should have been better organized to handle such a load of kids...like 2 people working the stand, one to help regular customers & one to fill the daycare's order. And I agree with you telling Jordan that you guys will sit toward the back or not go at all. How frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete