Monday, September 26, 2011

Emma Jane's First Year

This time last year I was at the hospital about to give birth to my beautiful daughter. I cant believe its been a year already. Time has flown by so fast. Here's her first year in pictures:

Michael and I decided to try for a little girl in early December 2009. I took my pregnancy test on January 4th. This is in March.

I was convinced that I was having another boy. I went in by myself for the ultrasound. I wanted Mike to go but he couldn't get off work. The ultrasound tech told me I had better up my registry. I was shocked to say the least and happy beyond measure. I took the photo up to Mike at work. He was so happy. Right up until her birth I couldn't believe it.

This picture was taking 13 days before I had her. I felt like a cow. The last few weeks were brutal but it was worth it.

Emma Jane Morrison born at OSU Medical Center at 9:18 a.m. Weighing in at 8lb 12oz and 21 inches long. Right after I had her I heard Mike say "It really is a girl."

Mike holding her for the first time. He is so in love with her. He is a wonderful father.

Conor and Jordan the day I brought her home. They too love her very much.

Emma at three months old. Shes been smiling almost since birth. Shes a very happy baby. I am so blessed.

Emma at four months old. I think I surprised her.

Emma at five months old. I love to dress her up and take pictures. I think she is beautiful.

Emma at seven months old.

Emma at 10 months old. Shes started pulling up and standing on her own.

Emma's 1st birthday cake.



We had a little get together yesterday for Emma's birthday while my grandma is in town. She loved the cake (who wouldn't?). She played with her cousins and seemed to have a really good time.

I am so happy to have had a little girl. They are so much fun. I love my boys too though. The last year has been great. Watching Emma grow and learn. Having her here really makes our family feel complete. Michael is so in love with her. She is loud just like her mom. I hope she'll be strong and independent like me as well. Life is good and I look forward to the next year with Miss Emma Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment