Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away



We've all heard the saying before, rain, rain, go away, come again another day. Rain. It can be cleansing, destructive and productive. I find days when it rains hard because there aren't too many free things to do indoors and it makes me sleepy. But then I think what can we do when its raining indoors at home. So I get together with the kids and we think of ideas. We could play a game together. We could watch a movie together. We could color or draw. We could read. Right now since we've had a somewhat busy day the boys are resting in their room and I'm resting in mine. This can mean take a nap or just lay in their bed. They can even play.

A little thunderstorm every now and then is nice. I love to hear the thunder and see the lightening as long as I'm not out in it. There's something about watching a good storm. When I look out at the sky I cant help but wonder what the Great Flood was like. Seeing all the rain rise and rise as the days went by. I can only imagine what it was like for those not on the Ark. I myself have never been in a horrible storm. I live in Florida most of my life and never really saw a hurricane, and Ive lived here in Tulsa for 17 years and Ive never seen a tornado in person. Gods wrath with weather is amazing and scary at the same time.

So on days like today when I'm inside contemplating what to do I think maybe I should just sit back and enjoy the time I have inside. Its quiet and I know that in 11 weeks it wont be. God gives us the rain. I should be thankful and I am. I am thankful to God for all things no matter how small. Including the weather. Just something to think about considering its probably going to rain most of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment