Thursday, February 11, 2010

And The Award Goes To....

And the award for best big brother goes to Jordan!!! I have to take a moment and brag about my son Jordan. He is 8 years old and is the best big brother.


Jordan and Conor at 3 months

Jordan is my first. He was born in June 2001. Henry and I weren't even married a year. Things were already starting to get turbulent between us. I just didn't know how volatile they would get over the next 5 years. Jordan was the best baby. He was so laid back and I could literally take a nap on the couch and he would just play in the floor. We had 5 years together. Just the two of us. Henry wasn't around much. Even though we were together he made it clear that he would rather hang out with his friends than be with us. I spent almost every weekend with my parents. Which was great for Jordan and I.

Henry and I split up in April of 2005. I moved in with my mom and started looking for rent house. In the summer of 2005 Mike Morrison e-mailed me and wanted to know if I really had left Henry. I said "yes." From then on we were sort-of seeing each other. In December of 2005 proposed. I of course said yes, I had been waiting for this for ten years. In the midst of all this was Jordan. A quiet kid who really seemed to like Mike. Mike moved in and we were married in September 2006. Jordan was 5. At first I wasn't sure how he would react to us getting married but he seemed happy. He and Mike seemed to get along well. In February 2007 I found out I was pregnant. We told Jordan and he was happy at the thought of having a brother or sister. At first he said he really wanted a sister and even was a little sad when I announced "its a boy!"

Conor Kael was born on November 11th 2007. Jordan was so excited. He held Conor in the hospital right after he was born. Even though they are 6 years apart they are like peas in a pod. From day one Jordan has been right there to hold him, feed him, keep him entertained and hug and kiss him. I remember right after he as born Jordan asked if Conor could sleep in his room. I said eventually. We moved in with my mom in July 2008. I put Jordan and Conor in a room together. Jordan had a twin and Conor in a playpen. In March 20009 we moved in to an apartment. We put them in a room together. This time with a twin mattress and a toddler bed. The first night they slept in their new room I went in to check on them and when I looked in Conor toddler bed he wasn't there. I couldn't imagine where he could have gone. Then I checked Jordan's bed and there they were. Conor had climbed into bed with Jordan. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen. From that day on they have slept in the same bed. Only now they have a futon so its a little bigger.


Conor is 2 now. They play together, watch movies and Conor like to sit and watch Jordan play certain video games. They are so cute together. Jordan even gets up early and makes them waffles. He gets him his juice and washes him when they take baths together. He is the most attentive brother. I was so nervous at first about having Conor. I didn't want Jordan to feel as though we were replacing him. Instead he has embraced Conor and I hope that as the years go by they will grow even closer.

Now we have a new baby on the way. I know Jordan will be just as good a big brother to this baby as he has been to Conor. I also know he will teach Conor how to be an awesome big brother. I am so blessed I couldn't ask for more. So here's to Jordan the best big brother I know.


Jordan and Conor October 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment